Denise Goldberg's blog

What's in a name?
Living (for a few days) in Death Valley

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Pictures? Yes, of course there are more!

This was a hiking and exploring trip, but it was a photo trip too.

There are pictures included within this journal, but as appears to be normal for me, there are more in my photo galleries. Yes, there is an overlap; there are photos in both places that also exist in the other, but there are also photos that can only be seen in one place.

There are 5 photo galleries within my photo gallery Death Valley National Park - 2007. You can start at this top level, or you can go directly to the individual galleries:
  • A trail, a wash, a slot, anywhere! - this is the largest gallery, containing shots from different places (except those covered in the other four galleries) as I wandered through the park day to day. Captions under the photos indicate where the photo was taken.
  • Sand Dunes on the edges of the day - the first few photos in this gallery were from late afternoon; most were from sunrise. Sand dunes, and patterns written by the wind...
  • Mosaic Canyon - a magic place, carved rock beauty.
  • Twenty Mule Team Canyon - a wonderful place to watch the sun paint the badlands.
  • Zabriskie Point - a handful of the photos in this gallery were from my mid-day entrance to the park, but most of the photos are from the sunrise on my last day there. And most of them were taken as I was looking to the west, waiting for the sun to color the rocks.



Curious to see other places that I've wandered over the years? Start at denisegoldberg.com and join my wanderings! If you are curious about any of my photos or my wanderings, you can sign my guestbook here or click the Contact me link on my photo pages.