Denise Goldberg's blog

What's in a name?
Living (for a few days) in Death Valley

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Death Valley dreams

...I'll be back

I had a wonderful 4 days in the park, and I would have been very happy to stay longer. There are many more places I'd like to see that I didn't get to on this trip, and there are places I'd like to repeat too.

My biggest regret? I didn't get to meet a Kangaroo Rat in the sand dunes. They look so cute! But I did see a coyote on my last morning in the park. He even consented to pose for a photo.

I know that I should be used to these feelings by now. If I find a place to explore that appeals to me, it seems normal not to be ready to head home, not to be happy with a single visit. I suppose this is a good problem to have!
And now it's time to dream of my next trip, to a destination that for now is a mystery. And it's time to dream of returning to Death Valley too.